Monday, March 02, 2009

It's not what's for dinner.

Your comments about mail order meat made me laugh out loud. I never knew how fun beef could be.

The other day there was a knock at the door. I could see some sort of truck out front and a man standing on our doorstep. I usually don't open the door for strangers unless they are dressed in brown, but I could see the work truck in the street.

I opened the door and a gentleman asked me,"This is going to sound strange, but do you eat steak?"

Blank stare from me.

He pointed to a logo on his shirt and said,"I'm from insert quirky company title here. Would you like to buy some steaks?"

I completely interrupted, "I'm not interested."

"Are you sure? Steak? Fish? Chicken?" he pleaded, "it's half price."

"No thanks," I said and closed the door.

He turned and walked next door to the next unsuspecting housewife.

First the emails. Now they are trying to sell meat to me door-to-door. Really. This is getting a little creepy. Who knows what kind of E. Coli outbreak could be in the back of that truck.

Besides, my mother always taught me never to take meat from strangers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's your sense of adventure? :-)

Roxanne said...

Yeah. . .in Texas there are meat vendors. I haven't seen one in awhile. The only kind of meat I ever took straight out of the back of a truck was what Daddy brought home from the woods.