Friday, September 28, 2007

A little list that we all could do without.

I hate lists, but when you're in a writing funk, a list can be your best friend.

Your very best friend.

So here is what I have been doing this week while not on my soapbox. In list form...

1. Trying to reach the troop leader, a responsible Girl Scout representative, anyone in brown or green with a vest full of patches.

2. Painting sea life on my daughter's walls. It is turning out to be so cool that I may just move in there. I am using glow-in-the-dark paint to highlight the jellyfish and I even painted a school of fish that only show up in the dark. She calls it "the secret school of fish."

Next on the painting list- a sea turtle

3. Trying not to melt from the sweltering heat. And isn't it almost October? Sweet mercy.

4. Planning a lesson for my 4 and 5 year olds' Sunday School class. I am loving teaching them!

5. Looking for clothes in all the wrong places for a pair of scarecrows I plan to put on the porch. Right now they are dressed and painted but I am going to make them my own by repainting their faces and dressing them in some fine, thrift shop apparel. (I have made one before and it was so fun.)

6. Did I mention I love anything remotely crafty?

Y'all have a fun weekend. Crafty or not crafty!

1 comment:

Susanne said...

Boy I think I need you to come paint at my house. What a blessed little girl to have a mom to do that to her room!