Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Duncan Hines could run circles around Dr. Phil.

In an answer to this, I baked a huge pan of brownies last night, which is perfectly rational and healthy.

I like to put the fun in dysfunctional. Adding a few chocolate chips is also helpful.

With the whirlwind of events involved in moving, I am trying to keep a sense of normalcy and peace in our household. It is also the summer, the time when children grasp hold of every inch of whimsy within their reach and hold on for dear life until the first day of school.

I am trying to keep that whimsy within my daughter's reach while keeping those brownies a respectable distance from mine.

It is a delicate balance.

So, you may visit here and find nothing one day, rantings the next, or an off-the-wall, crazy post about insects or a trip to Wal-mart. Or all of the above.

I've always said, being crazy is the only thing that keeps me from losing my mind.

How is your week starting out?

5 comments:

Barb said...

I've obviously been out of the loop way too long - I didn't know you were moving.

Of course you're stressed. I look forward to being stressed for the very same reason this coming fall. Just the thought of moving gives me hives.

PJ said...

Yep. NOthing will do it like moving. And while I prefer my chocolate very dark and bitter or semi-sweet, I can certainly relate. Starbucks has a new Vianno (I think) that is chocolate and banana. Satisfied me nicely this am. I'm all for insanity. Especially in the summertime!!

Roxanne said...

My answer today was pizza. . .to go with my ironing and painting and packing.

Roxanne said...

Make that pizza and a hand ful of Whoppers.

Susanne said...

I know about the crazyness of moving. We are not moving right now but we're trying to get my daughter together to get her moved to another province for school. It's more work than I thought. Enjoy your brownies. You deserve the normalcy!