Sunday, July 09, 2006

My ABC's

I have been tagged by Susanne over at Living to tell the Story. Be sure to visit her blog http://susannesspace.blogspot.com.

WOOOAAAAAA! Quick edit here. BooMama tagged me too. That's pretty creepy. And, speaking of pretty creepy, if you haven't seen Hoodwinked, you have to, you just have to!! It isn't pretty creepy. It's pretty funny, but Red says "pretty creepy" in the movie. See, if you have seen the movie, you would get it. But, I can't really ask you that, since this is like not the real world, but the blog world, and well, you just have to see it!!

So, I will try to dive into this whole meme challenge...

ACCENT: Just think- Suzanne Sugarbaker

BIBLE BOOK THAT I LIKE: I love Proverbs and 2 Timothy

CHORE THAT I DON'T CARE FOR: Putting away clean dishes. I don't mind washing an entire sink full from Thanksgiving dinner. But, please, oh please don't make me put them away!
DOG OR CAT: Cat, for sure. Mine is a huge black cat with issues.

ESSENTIAL ELECTRONICS: Lately, the computer. But, I really get neurotic when I don't have access to a telephone.

FAVORITE MOVIE: Can't pick just one. Love A Christmas Story and Gone With the Wind.

GOLD OR SILVER: Gold, but if you are thinking of a nice blue box from Tiffany's, I'm not picky.

HANDBAG I CARRY MOST OFTEN: Lately a black and white toile fabric bag that I got at a small town craft fair. I also have other purses that I use after Labor Day. My daughter calls them my "labor day purses." She knows that Mommy doesn't use white after labor day. I don't care what those folks on What Not To Wear say. It just isn't done. Mama would die!

INSOMNIA: Nope.

JOB TITLES: Wife, Mom. Those are my favorite and most important.

KIDS: Thankful to God for His precious gift!

LIVING ARRANGEMENTS: This one sounds odd to me, like when you have a roommate and the two of you are sharing expenses. Or you choose who gets which bedroom and the times you get the bathroom. But, anyhoo. I have a home. I am just grateful to have a place to lay my head at night.

MOST MEMORABLE MOMENT: Wedding, child's birth. WOW!

NAUGHTIEST CHILDHOOD BEHAVIOR: I woke up in the middle of the night and crawled under my bed. I guess I fell asleep. My mama woke up to check on me and couldn't find me. She woke my daddy up and they wound up in the yard looking for me! At some point they returned to my room, calling my name. I woke up and answered from under the bed, "Here I am." The really bad stuff started when I was a teenager. Thankfully, that wasn't a question!

OVERNIGHT HOSPITAL STAY: Childbirth and a very,very bad hospital stay at Christmas for very, very bad abdominal pains. Did I say very, very bad?

PHOBIAS: I don 't really have any true phobias, but I do not like flying insects, libraries, the post office and "not being able to see the bottom" of anywhere I am swimming!

And double spacing- just kidding.

QUOTES: My latest fav is off of my Mary Engelbreit calendar. "I don't really care if my glass is 1/2 full or 1/2 empty- I'm just happy to have a glass." -Joe Farrell

RELIGION: I am a born again Christian, saved by grace offered to me through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Some say we shouldn't say there is only one way to God. I am just glad He offered me a way. He could've not given me a way at all. I believe most in Southern Baptist doctrine. But, if it ever changes, I may change my mind. For now, that is where I choose to worship and study God's Word.

SIBLINGS: None, but I wish I had. I could have soooo much more material!

TIME I WAKE UP: Whenever my child taps me on the arm. But, I would prefer to wake up much later than that.

UNUSUAL TALENT OR SKILL: When I was in the first grade, I had just learned to snap. I wanted to enter the school talent show with my new talent- snapping to Yankee Doodle. Thankfully, Mama talked me out of it. If you are ever up for it, I can still snap some mean Doodle! I also can turn my eyelids inside out. Oh, yes I can. SEEEEEE!!!???

VEGETABLE I REFUSE TO EAT: rutabagas

WORST HABIT: The newest one is that I blog too much and clean too little...

X-RAYS: hmmm.... Teeth, spine, tail bone, kidneys, appendix. We could almost connect the thigh bone to the hip bone, the hip bone to the....

YUMMY STUFF I COOK: When I cook- chicken salad Paula would die for! I can cook a pretty tasty pot roast and mashed potatoes, corn bread and biscuits, and about 150 casseroles which call for one of the following: cream of chicken, mushroom or celery soup.

ZOO ANIMAL MOST LIKED: Mommy lions-

They take care of everything- mothering, hunting... ironing, shopping for lion cub birthday parties, kissing cub boo-boo's, getting stains out of the den's carpet, keeping the Daddy lion happy so he won't eat the cubs...

SO, that's me. A to Z. Look out! I may tag you next!

4 comments:

boomama said...

Suzanne Sugarbaker, no white before Labor Day, AND rutabagas all in one post...it's the Southern trifecta! :-)

Susanne said...

Thanks for playing. Nice getting to know you a little better. Agree with the handbag thing. It's not just southern, but European heritage as well! Turning your eyelids out? EWWW! However did you discover that one? Or do I really want to know?
:D

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

ahhh yes. I am just glad there wasn't a place to list what I would eat. I would still be typing!

Brenda said...

Found you through BooMama, and I love your blog! I'll be adding you to my bloglines.