Saturday, July 29, 2006

We're All Peeping Toms, basically

So, how did you spend your weekend so far? Friday night out with friends? Dinner and a movie? A romantic play with your darling husband, perhaps?

Well, I spent my Friday afternoon trying to beg, plea, borrow, and steal with blogger and a four letter "word"- html. :>) Thanks to help from Nancy, I was able to upload the pictures I wanted for the Grand Poo-Bah of all Bloggy Tours- BooMama's First Tour of Homes. And, it was a lot of fun. Even George was happy with the results.

Friday night I sat in front of the TV, flipping between O-Reilly and HGTV and enjoying some real home tours. It was nice to travel from my humble abode here with Georgie to the Pacific Northwest, then clear across the ocean to the place down under! No lines at the airport, no luggage, and no jet lag.

I was thinking that only a woman would understand why a group of complete strangers would spend hours cleaning their homes, hours more taking pictures, posting, and then nosing around other homes of people they have never met! Men just wouldn't get it. But, we do. And that's why we are all bloggin' "friends," so to speak.

So, from one friend to another- consider this my o-fficial thank you note for your wonderfully hospitality! And you are always welcome here at our house- if you can get through the secret service...

6 comments:

Blogger profile name said...

I think my husband thought I was a little crazy yesterday, too. I told him I had traveled to Australia and back!

TJ said...

I didn't make it around to everyone...I was kind of overwhelmed with it all...200 plus blogs...wow...it surpassed all expectations I'm sure!!
Now they are talking about doing a Christmas one...Yikes!!
:-D

Lori said...

Yep its a girl thing, my husband was laughing at me! But it is a FUN girl thang =))

Susanne said...

It was fun wasn't it!

Tammy said...

You know...I thought the same thing about we women until, when I had my husband look at my tour post when he got home from work, he asks, "Ok, how do I look at everyone else's tour?" And then he proceeded to check out five or six others!

A thank you right back at ya' for openning up your home on Friday! :)

Lori said...

Thank you for your hospitality as well! Please say hello to 'George' for me. I'll definitely visit your site more often.

From a Southerner who married someone from NY who KNOWS that NC ain't NY (at least not yet..., thank goodness)

PS I love your intro about the South and being Southern--it is SO TRUE!