Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Product Safety For Our Families:

Here is an easy way to stay informed about product recalls. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issues product recalls. Most of us see them posted in Wal-mart or other stores. You can go to the CPSC website and subcribe to their emailing list. The best part is that you can be specific about what type of products you are interested in (baby, child, household, all products, etc.). You can also unsubscribe at any time very easily.

This service is really helpful to moms with babies and small children.

To sign up, go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.asp

Stay safe!

5 comments:

Grammy said...

Thanks you for the tip. I NEVER check those notice boards, so they could recall everything in my house and I would never know it.

Tammy said...

Good idea! I don't think a lot of people with the busy shopping trips stop and look at the recall notices. I'll save this link...thanks for a very good tip!

Susanne said...

Excellent! Thanks for the link!

Sarah said...

Melanie, I just saw your comments on my site. Thanks for the story--while the mom wasn't going after her with a belt, I can almost guarantee you that she abuses her in private. As for the man in Wal-Mart, good for you. Children need an advocate! My MIL is a social worker; I wish she'd been with me yesterday. She'd have handled the situation perfectly, I'm pretty sure! And mostly, it reminded me to be very cautious with the words and tone of voice I use with my own children. Their spirits are fragile, and I don't want to stand before the Lord and explain why I crushed them!

Cheryl said...

I couldn't help notice in your comment on BooMama' that Albany was your hometown. Right now my son is doing heat/air work at the Albany post office. It's a small world.