Sunday, January 13, 2008

By which I have become a sophisticate of parental guidance.

Yesterday was a meaningful day at our house.

Hubs and daughter planned to spend the day together creating precious memories that will live in their hearts for decades. I planned to get my hair done. Obviously, I have my priorities straight.

I came home from the beauty shop and from running errands (fun ones like shopping for drapes and home accessories) and my daughter and husband had experienced the following bonding for a lifetime moments:

Go for a bike ride
Plan their (yes, "their") Spring garden

I had been home for a little while when my daughter and I had our own bonding for a lifetime moment.

I taught her the electric slide. Don't ask me how it came up because I still haven't figured it out myself. Hubs had the song saved and played it for her a while back. He must have mentioned, ahem, that Mommy could actually do the electric slide and he must have mentioned,ahem, that he himself cannot.

At least that's his story.

So yesterday in our kitchen I taught my daughter the electric slide. It was a precious moment for us all. Hubs commented that he couldn't do it and that he considered himself lucky to have married me because I knew how.

Well, maybe he is lucky, but I don't think it has anything to do with my dancing skills.

Click here for the song and video. Go ahead. You know you want to!

It's Electric!

4 comments:

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I'm sure your daughter thinks you are The Bomb.Com.

Kelli said...

I never mastered the Slide ... but I can still pull off a pretty darn good Hustle!

PJ said...

The electric slide!! Hmmm. I was hoping to see a video of YOU!! You have now become a cool Mom!!

Roxanne said...

Oh. . .I need to learn. . .I need to learn. You're all that and a bag uh chips. :)