Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day Thirteen Thousand And Something At The Milliner's House

Y'all, I'm a little overwhelmed. Some of these hats are getting a little itchy and uncomfortable and one or two of them don't seem to fit that well. Plus, it appears that I have more hats than days of the week.

I try my best not to take on too much, but I am stuck here, smack dab in the middle of a hat festival, at least for a season. Several obligations have fallen on my head at the same time. In a month or so, life will begin to look somewhat normal. (Normal for me, anyway.)

As Murphy's Law always has it (I think Murphy was a woman), right when I have a lot of obligations, my daughter gets sick. She has a cough and will be fine. Besides, The Mommy Hat is one that I will gladly wear, as worn and tattered as it is.

After all, it is my favorite.

But there are two sweet moms out there wearing their Mommy Hats who are about to put on another hat. In a few weeks, Sophie and Shannon are going to Uganda with Compassion International. They will be joining other bloggers as they live blog the relief work over there.

There's a lot of preparation that has to go into a trip like this, but the best preparation is prayer. Let's begin praying now as they begin this journey. Praying for someone else is one of the most precious honors God has allowed believers. It is a privilege to lift up another in prayer, especially those who are doing God's work.

Please begin praying now for the following:

1) Pray for their safety en route and while in Uganda.

2) Pray that there will be no technical difficulties.
They need to have Internet access to be able to live blog.
(Satan would hate for God to be glorifed in any way, so I am guessing this will be a big one.)

3) Pray for their sweet families back home.
Pray for Shannon and Sophie to be at peace as they miss their little ones while they are gone.

4) Pray for Compassion International and the children they reach.
Ask God to touch the hearts of many. One of them may be yours. :>)

Ladies, I pray for you as you each put on your new "hat,"
that you will be safe, calm, and always protected
by The God who loves you and has called you according to His Purpose.
God Bless you both. Thank you for answering His Call.

"May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:25

6 comments:

boomama said...

Thanks, Melanie - that means more than you know. :-)

Karen said...

Hi Melanie, Thanks for reminding us to pray - it's the most valuable thing we can do. I've tagged you for a meme (in your spare time, while wearing your I'm-wasting-precious-time hat). Come visit my blog to read about it. Karen

Susanne said...

What a lovely post to remind us to pray for this huge, new experience for these ladies.

PJ said...

Joining you in prayer for Sophie and Shannon!!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Never thought about praying for the. That's how spiritual I am.

Lindsey said...

Praying for others brings me such peace! Thanks for making a detailed list of things we should pray for these ladies during this precious mission!