Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Do you have a sash in petal pink?

It has been a busy week so far.

The week began with an ending to a sweet visit with family. Lots of giggles. Lots of laughs. Lots of little girl smiles and grandparent fun.

Yesterday I hiked right into a new journey for me. You will never in a million patches guess who is going to be wearing a vest. Yep. I am going to be a Girl Scout Troop leader, assisting a wonderful Christian lady who loves the Lord. We went through an orientation and training and our heads were swimming. My brain hurt. But today we are refreshed, refocused and excited about the troop.

Last night during her prayers, my daughter prayed for her two new troop leaders. It was so sweet. She is becoming a real prayer warrior. Either that or she recognizes how much her new troop leaders desperately need some Divine Intervention. If she starts praying for a hedge of protection, I'll know for sure.

;>)

6 comments:

Andi said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of Girl Scouts. I am now on my 9th year as a leader with two girls in the program . Listen carefully and ask lots of questions.... I promise you will look back on this as one of the best decisions you ever made. The time spent with your "girls" will be priceless. Just wait till 5 or 6 years down the road you're in a store and you hear a voice calling your name, and you see one of your scouts running to you dragging grandma, Aunt Sally, someone with her, She just had to introduce you, cause your the one that helps her do all those fun things in scouts. It is so worth it......

Susanne said...

You and your daughter are going to have such fun!

Nancy Murphree Davis said...

I was telling my scout "troupe" experience yesterday and that led me to thoughts about you and your daughter's previous group.

Give me a call. I've lost my cell phone with your numbers in it. :(

Roxanne said...

No, but I might have one in either blush or bashful.

PJ said...

Keep us posted. I've never done GIrl Scouts. We lived too far back in the stick...the only thing back there was 4H! And that was over at the County Fair Grounds!

Chrissy said...

I've been my daughter's leader for two years, and I LOVE it. Only I don't wear a vest.