Sunday, January 20, 2008

A message from across the frozen, bloggy tundra

Y'all, it is cold. My neighbor from New York is cold. That is cold.

Ahem. Global Warming?

Which makes me think about the polar bears.

There is all of this hoopla about how Earth is getting warmer, blah blah blah. And how the polar ice caps are melting, blah blah blah. Well, has anyone thought that maybe the polar bears are just tired of being cold? I mean, there they are stuck on icebergs with nothing to eat but seals when all they really want is to live in sunny Florida and eat fried Gulf shrimp.

Just a theory.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Just letting you know it is freezing here in Florida =)) Give it a month and it will be sunny and warm again. We have two seasons here in Florida....January and then the rest of the 11 months of summer, hehe.

Kelly @ Love Well said...

Personally, I say bring on global warming. Our high on Saturday at -1.

We should all drive Hummers. And use them to pull a second Hummer around. And burn coal, even in July.

PJ said...

Cold, Cold, Cold!! Here in Chicagoland it's been below zero!! That is cold!

Tammy said...

I have often thought this past year that we were actually having a global cooling...

And today here in the NW, it sunny but it was COLD and WINDY. We about froze walking from the front door to the car, and when I had trouble with my key, I felt like calling for the Mounties...except I don't live in Canada. ;)

Come on over and enter into my little drawing, Melanie! Miss you!
~Tammy

tammi said...

Well, the rest of the frozen north country wishes they could be living in the sunny, southern US, so I can't figure that the polar bears would think any differently!!